(Government) The element of ocean in a dream represents a prison where sea lives are incarcerated, and it means losses, fear, despair, limitless knowledge, a city without walls, or the world, its trials and wonders.
An ocean or a sea in a dream also represents a strong ruler who is just, compassionate toward his subjects and whom people revere, have access to, and seek for their daily needs.
If a businessman sees an ocean in a dream, it represents his merchandise. As for a worker or an apprentice, the ocean in a dream represents his veteran teacher or master.
If one sees the ocean in a dream, it means that he will succeed in his goals.
If one sees himself entering into the ocean or sea in a dream, it means that he will enter before a ruler, or stand before someone in authority.
If one sees himself sitting or lounging at the sea shore in a dream, it means that he will work for such a person or a ruler, though he will be observing caution and diplomacy with him. Ifone sees himself drinking the entire water of the sea though no one sees him except the king in a dream, it means that he will reign and live a long life. Drinking any portion thereof also means equal earnings to what he takes in.
If one sees himself drinking from it to quench his thirst in the dream, it means riches, strength and longevity. Ifone sees himself asking for some of its water to drink in a dream, it means that he is seeking to work for such a strong person or ruler. Ifhe pours its water in a pitcher in the dream, it means prosperity, or that he will receive a bounteous gift from God Almighty to encompass a high rank as well as riches. However, his status will last longer than his money.
To drink water from the sea in a dream means acquiringknowledge and adopting proper conduct. Crossing the ocean in a dream means booty.
If one sees strong waves bringing seawater to his street without causing damages in a dream, it means that a ruler or a great person will enter or visit that locality. Bathing in seawater in a dream means repentance from one’s sins. Seeing the ocean from a distance in a dream means that calamities, temptations and trials are coming to one’s community.
If one sees the sea receding, whereby he can see the edges of the earth it covers in a dream, it means diminishing of his authority and control, or that the wrath of God Almighty has descended upon that locality. This calamity could be carried by one’s own government, economic tribulations, drought, or one’s enemies. Standing over seawater in a dream means attaining something one did not seek. Walking in the air above the seawater in a dream represents the person’s good intentions, his clarity, faith and certitude.
If a sick person sees himself taking ablution in seawater in a dream, it means that he will recover from his illness, or it could mean payment of one’s debts and relief from worldly pressures. (Also see Water)... Islamic Dream Interpretation
It traditionally represents our great unconscious, memories, emotions, and individual soul and collective experiences. Look at all of the details in this dream. Is the water clear or murky? Is it calm or turbulent? Are you catching fish, or are you stranded and afraid? Look, listen, and try to comprehend the messages in this dream. No one is in a better position to give meaning to your dreams than you can. Concentrate and learn for yourself. See also: Water... The Bedside Dream Dictionary
Demonstrating the realm of the subconscious in dreams, the ocean is the origin of creativity and all of life. Swimming in the ocean reflects your readiness to experience the vast potential of the subconscious forces: hat may drive your personality.
The sea appearing in a dream may signify that you are ir. a creative process that will expand your thinking.
A calm sea expresses the emotional quality of peace and serenity.
A stormy choppy sea expresses emotional currents that may force you to go deeper into your feelings. Waves, big or small, represent the creative power and potential that can be ridden as opportunities to manifest what you want. They can represent realized potential and understanding brought to shore.... Ariadne's Book of Dream
Vision: Looking at a wide expanse of ocean, or being on an ocean liner: you will go on a long journey; the dream also reveals your need for more space and freedom in your life. Depth Psychology: See Sea, Ship, Water.... Dreamers Dictionary
Because the depths of the ocean are deep and mysterious and the waves are cyclical, dreams of the ocean symbolize sex, sensuality, your unconscious desires, and emotional issues. You are being exposed to a strange and foreign area of life.
The ocean also represents your vastness, passion, and spirituality. See Water and Moon.... Strangest Dream Explanations
The state of life will be as the ocean is perceived to be in dream, viz., calm and peaceful life when the ocean is calm and troublesome life when the ocean is stormy, etc. ... Indian Interpretation of Dreams
The ocean is a picture of mystery and untapped blessing.
If you have good childhood memories of the ocean, then it would represent pleasure and joy for you. It would speak of just letting go and floating, letting the tides carry you.
• If you dream of floating or swimming in the ocean, then the Lord is saying that you can trust in Him and enjoy His presence. You do not need to be afraid, but can just jump in! • If you dream of a large wave that you surf or that you have control of, it speaks of the blessing of the Lord that is coming your way.
If you dream of large waves engulfing you, this speaks of circumstances that are overwhelming you. It can also speak of the attack of the enemy that is coming in like a flood.
• Also if you have a fear of the ocean, then dreaming of being in the ocean speaks of being surrounded by your fears or having to confront your fear.
• Sometimes you might dream of a wave that washes everything away. Although it might seem negative at first, this could be of the Lord. Perhaps it is time for you to start afresh. This is a good picture of a death of a vision.
• Positive: A large wave although it can be negative, is also a good picture of the abundance of the Lord.
The Word says that if you cast your bread on the waters, that it will return to you.
• This is a picture of investing financially and spiritually into the Kingdom of God. As you keep giving out, you will reap the reward! • Ecclesiastes 11:1 cast your bread upon the waters: for you will find it after many days.
• The Red Sea Situation • If you see the Red Sea in the spirit, then the Lord has led you to face an impossible direction.
• You know that you cannot go back where you have come from, but it seems that the Lord is not talking either. You are unsure which way to go. We call this the ‘Red Sea Situation’.
• What the Lord is telling you to do is to make the first move. Moses cried out to the Lord about what to do and the Lord said to him, “Why are you crying to me? Speak to the Children of Israel, that they go forward!” (Exodus 14:15) • God was waiting for Moses to do something! He had brought them so far, but now it was their turn. As they took that step though, then God moved once again and parted the waters.
• If God has given you a direction and a promise and you see the Red Sea in front of you, you have a choice to make. Once you step out with that decision, God will back you up.
• Psalms 106:9 He rebuked the Red sea also, and it was dried up: so he led them through the depths, as through the wilderness.
To be tossed around in the ocean speaks of not having a firm conviction of your own. It means that you do not have a secure footing in the Word, and you are allowing the enemy to throw you around.
• James 1:6 But let him ask in faith, nothing doubting.
For he that doubts is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed [about].
• The book of Hebrews also tells us that we should not be tossed around by every wind of doctrine.
• The meaning is the same.
If you dream of being tossed around, you do not have a firm understanding of doctrine, and the Lord is telling you to get your feet grounded!
River, Salt, Water, Waves.... The Way of Dreams and Visions
If the water is quiet and peaceful, it is a good sign, whether it is the Sea, or a lake or a river. But if it is stormy or rough, then beware, for you have a difficult time before you, and will need all your courage.... Mystic Dream Book