Psychological / emotional perspective: More negatively, emotions, drives and thoughts which have been ‘starved’ in our waking lives can often appear in dreams personalized as a beggar – that is begging for attention.... Dream Meanings of Versatile
Material aspects: To dream of being a beggar represents our own feeling of failure and lack of self-esteem.
To dream of someone known to us as a beggar indicates that on some level we are conscious that there is a lack on their part, perhaps that they make too many demands on us, or conversely that we have a resource that they need.... Dream Meanings of Versatile
(Hobo; Mendicant; Poverty; Richness) In a dream, a beggar represents a seeker of knowledge.
If he is given what he is begging for in a dream. it means that he will succeed in his pursuit of knowledge. His humbleness and his submission when asking means victory. Beggars in a dream also imply sorrow, worries, distress, or contemplation.
If one sees a beggar receiving or taking something from him in a dream, it means being in dire need for something, or he could represent the death of the person intended in the dream.
If one sees beggars entering his house or his town in a group in a dream, it means dispersal of his family or household and if they take something from his house, it means a catastrophe.
A beggar in a dream also represents a student, and the giver represents the teacher or shaikh.
If one sees himselfbegging, but to no avail in a dream, it means that he will be humiliated. (Also see Hobo; Poverty)... Islamic Dream Interpretation
Vision: Dreaming about a beggar walking into a house means a visitor is going to surprise you. Giving a gift to a beggar: a project will soon show positive results or you might get relief from an uncomfortable situation.
If you are the beggar: social isolation, fear of your own weakness, or hiding something from yourself.
Depth Psychology: The beggar in a dream is the symbol of your Shadow, your dark side. You are denying part of yourself or hiding it. Sometimes the beggar might provide wise counsel. See Guru.... Dreamers Dictionary
Dreams of a beggar symbolize poverty and victim consciousness. This dream may be showing you that it is time for you to own your power and give yourself the change you have been begging other people to make for you. See Homeless.... Strangest Dream Explanations
To begin something in your dream is your subconscious telling you that you need to get on with what you have only been planning. It is a warning of wasting valuable time through procrastination.... Tryskelion Dream Interpretation
To begin something in your dream is your subconscious telling you that you need to get on with what you have only been planning. It is a warning of wasting valuable time through procrastination.... Encyclopedia of Dreams
Most people who do dream work have found it helpful to establish a system that allows them to jot down the initial interpretation of the dream quickly. Such a system makes it easy to refer back to their dreams.
The system should include the following:
1. Which persons in the dream could represent the animus (the masculine side—primarily in women but also in men) and / or the anima (the female side, primarily in men but also in women) ?
2. Are there people in the dream whom you reject, whom you fight against or hate? Particularly when they are of the same gender, they are likely to represent your own dark and rejected side, the shadow.
3. What is the main symbol, and what is your attitude toward it? It is possible that there is more than one “main” symbol. Access to a clear understanding of the symbol is possible when you characterize it in one sentence.
4. Which objects are important in the dream? What is their objective function in your daily life? What is their subjective function?
5. Try to determine what, in yourself, each symbol refers to.
6. Go over the sequence of actions or situations in your dream once more and ask yourself: Where in my everyday life have such behaviors or situations occurred?
Only after going through these steps, should you attempt to interpret your dream in its entirety. Summarize each interpretation in two or three clear-cut sentences.
This type of system is for those who have very little time in the morning for any extensive and detailed dream work. It could well be called a system for the stressed-out city dweller, which however doesn’t mean that it cannot be an effective and precise way for dealing with your dreams.
For those with more time, here are a few additional suggestions:
1. Before each interpretation, ask yourself: Where have I come from and where am I going? Examine your dream in that connection.
2. Look closely at each detail of your dream.
The small things give important suggestions that are easily overlooked.
3. Look very closely to see if there are objects that appear in an unusual combination. Look for magical and fairy-tale elements: for instance, transformations, breaks in time, or other unusual incidents. This is often the case in short dreams that sometimes seem composed like a still life and where natural objects combine unnaturally to create a certain atmosphere. Arbitrary combinations of familiar things always create unusual images or special atmosphere, and that is significant here. Begin your interpretation with this atmosphere.
4. At the end of each interpretation, ask yourself: Can I transfer what I have learned in the dream to my everyday life? It is best to have a plan on how to immediately integrate these “lessons” into your life.... Little Giant Encyclopedia
If you dream that you are reduced to Begging in the streets, it shows that your affairs are prospering.
To dream that you are accosted in the street by a Beggar is a sign of difficulty ahead; if you assist the person, you will overcome your trouble by means of a good friend who will help you.... Mystic Dream Book